What are we all up to today?
So we all been here for almost 9 months on this new forum. Most of us I am sure have left YouHosting and the hosting business. So my question is, what is everyone up to now? Are we still focusing on hosting or are we moving into other areas?

I myself have mostly moved into server management and web applications such as database management and working with WebRTC and SocketIO.
I am going on a web hosting hiatus.
I'm still managing the old L4W2 Gamers site. We've had more than 110+ posts in the last 24 hours, with absolutely no compromise in post quality. Some of the most intelligent and thought out posts I have ever written are included in that spree, several of which are to do with what to do with one of another users' websites.

I'm also going to start a small blog called Cosmic Eternity tomorrow, with mostly web related tutorials and FAQs among other things.

Coincidentially I was thinking about you today Kalan, you hadn't been here for a while, I thought you would have left this place like some have.

My return here has brought a bit of good activity, I see.
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
Well...as for me, I'm still in the hosting and design business. Currently I'm in the process of registering my business as an LLC and my "doing business as" name. The hosting I'm offering is an affordable platform for small businesses in my local area and beyond. Hopefully it'll be launched before the year is out.
(08-12-2016, 07:23 PM)Cammygirl192 Wrote: I'm still managing the old L4W2 Gamers site. We've had more than 110+ posts in the last 24 hours, with absolutely no compromise in post quality. Some of the most intelligent and thought out posts I have ever written are included in that spree, several of which are to do with what to do with one of another users' websites.

I'm also going to start a small blog called Cosmic Eternity tomorrow, with mostly web related tutorials and FAQs among other things.

Coincidentially I was thinking about you today Kalan, you hadn't been here for a while, I thought you would have left this place like some have.

I wish you luck with your new venture with your site. I have also noticed that alot of YH members have fallen off the planet. I tend to pop in here and there just to check up on that status.

I have been very busy lately learning and moving into new categories. After the collapse of YH I moved to Eleven2 and personally lost my motivation to continue the web hosting business. I helped a few friends out with their personal projects but the market is too big for new comers. I personally see a lot of activity and trends pointing to container style hosting. I dropped my web hosting panel and scrapped most of it into a server and container management panel for personal use. As of May I started development on a WordPress clone but never got around to finishing it. I hope to have some sort of cool project before the the start of the new year!

Its also good to see some active members still on the community. Maybe we just need to create some interesting debates here Wink
Shame that. I was hoping we'd be more active and right in this community, but it does not seem to have worked out.

My site's actually been tempsuspended for resource limit exceeding twice in its first 5 days XD
Jamie Dignam
I'm sure the forum will pick up again soon, Most forums have quiet times Smile
That's true.
In fact, as far as I know, activity is slightly increasing. Wink

Also might write an article later about the risk of using a free .tk domain for personal websites (theres probably about a billion for businesses but for personal use there isn't enough).
Jamie Dignam
(08-16-2016, 05:12 AM)EternalJamie Wrote: That's true.
In fact, as far as I know, activity is slightly increasing. Wink

Also might write an article later about the risk of using a free .tk domain for personal websites (theres probably about a billion for businesses but for personal use there isn't enough).

What amount of resources are you using to get temp-suspended if you don't mind me asking?
IDK but this is coming up now

"This site/page has used all avaialble php / apache processes allowed on free hosting account.

Refreshing the page once the amount of apache / php processes are reduced will cause the site to work

We would recommend upgrading your hosting account at IFastNet Premium hosting accounts , premium hosting accounts have MUCH higher resources dedicated to them."

very amusing: PHP is a capital, they can't spell available, iFastNet is capitalised wrong, in general that message is bad.

I'm using the maximum amount of hits and like over 100MB a day of bandwidth. Sadly none of the community have an active hosting account I could host with them with, and that I could just point the domain to. My old hosting account with OVH doesn't seem to work correctly with uk.to domains but I could try with my .cf one.

(I just moved to x10hosting. I heard about freenom's stupid activity policy. still, nevermind, I also wrote a blog entry on hosters.cc with my referral link)
Jamie Dignam
(08-15-2016, 01:38 AM)domkalan Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 07:23 PM)Cammygirl192 Wrote: I'm still managing the old L4W2 Gamers site. We've had more than 110+ posts in the last 24 hours, with absolutely no compromise in post quality. Some of the most intelligent and thought out posts I have ever written are included in that spree, several of which are to do with what to do with one of another users' websites.

I wish you luck with your new venture with your site. I have also noticed that alot of YH members have fallen off the planet. I tend to pop in here and there just to check up on that status.

I have been very busy lately learning and moving into new categories. After the collapse of YH I moved to Eleven2 and personally lost my motivation to continue the web hosting business. I helped a few friends out with their personal projects but the market is too big for new comers. I personally see a lot of activity and trends pointing to container style hosting. I dropped my web hosting panel and scrapped most of it into a server and container management panel for personal use. As of May I started development on a WordPress clone but never got around to finishing it. I hope to have some sort of cool project before the the start of the new year!

Its also good to see some active members still on the community. Maybe we just need to create some interesting debates here Wink
Well while the market may seem too big for new comers you have to begin locally and keep working hard. To be successful you're going to have to deal with failures, but the failures is what keeps people going as they learn to not do what they did which caused them to fail.
As I recall some famous quote somewhere, "Success doesn't come to you. You go to it." Get motivated man!!!