XenForo
8.33%
IP.Board
25.00%
12 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Best forum package
What are your favourite forum packages?
They can be free, paid, popular, niche, active, inactive etc. I don't mind whatever floats your boat.

I know how to manage PunBB, MyBB, phpBB and XMB Forum (phpBB only to a small extent, none of which I can code anything for), although I prefer MyBB and XMB over the other two packages, otherwise I can't really decide, since I like MyBB but my own site runs XMB.
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
myBB
Its easy to use and themeable

Solid Rock Host - Low Cost Webhosting
http://www.solidrockhost.com
i dont have a exactly a preferred one but i do good woth phpbb & ipb as you said some general work & a minimum coding in it
but i'm open to try some new scripts every time
i'll check what we can do on this new board
I like MyBB and they works on SSL, I was useing vBulletin but vBulletin does not support SSL
[Image: 5752507823.png]
Proud of my Lëtzebuerger ISP. (Luxembourg - Lëtzebuerg)
I also have a friend who says MyBB is the best package mostly for its ease of use while being functional, unlike PunBB, which didn't even have polls.
Also the unobtrusive ways to install plugins is nice too.
Jamie Dignam
I don't like PunBB, MyBB is seriously my number one and vBulletin on number two.
I'd only really recommend Pun if you're a newbie to managing forums and want to have a basic example, otherwise I would go for MyBB.
Jamie Dignam
But the most people here are advanced Wink But if you say PunBB for newbie then is YouHosting a newbie on forum lol haha!
(02-28-2016, 01:52 PM)neq3host Wrote: But the most people here are advanced Wink But if you say PunBB for newbie then is YouHosting a newbie on forum lol haha!

That's the point, because free hosting and free reseller programs are for learning and such more than anything.
YouHosting taught us how to run web hosting properly and we moved on to better things.

Not to go off topic though: I'm surprised no one's brought up XenForo yet either Smile heard it's pretty good especially for how much it is.
Jamie Dignam
My first choice for a enterprise grade production site would be XenForo. I have used it multiple times, most of which nulled, and it has proven its woorth. For smaller sites I tend to use what ever fits in best. I am keeping my eye on Flarum as it seems to be an interesting approach to a PHP forum. Discourse is the most seen forum in new development communites, but from what I have seen it is very complicated to install.
I am going on a web hosting hiatus.