Is it a good idea to offer Free Hosting in a WHM panel?
Yes, thats a good idea.
37.50%
I do not recommed.
25.00%
Well. I don't know.
37.50%
8 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is it a good idea to offer free hosting in a WHM panel?
Hi, i have a free WHM panel but would it a good idea to use that for free hosting? Or would ypu guys to use MOFH? But mofh can i not offer my premium service. But with the custom WHM panel is that possible. What do you guys think?
[Image: 5752507823.png]
Proud of my Lëtzebuerger ISP. (Luxembourg - Lëtzebuerg)
You have a "free WHM panel"? So is it WHM or is it not?

Anyways, judging from the stories I hear I think it's a very bad idea to run free hosting servers yourself. I currently use MOFH and use another host to offer premium cPanel hosting.
Owner of InfinityFree (formerly Grendel Hosting) and XVHOST.
(05-19-2016, 01:59 PM)Hans Wrote: You have a "free WHM panel"? So is it WHM or is it not?

Anyways, judging from the stories I hear I think it's a very bad idea to run free hosting servers yourself. I currently use MOFH and use another host to offer premium cPanel hosting.

I have to agree with hans, with all the abuse free hosting attracts the host will most likely suspend your account a lot.

I'd either use the MOFH or use a vps/dedicated if you really want to do it,
Its a WHM panel so not MOFH or Youhosting, i this panel is sponsored by partners and they allow me to offer free hosting. Do you have any suggestions?
If you have dedicated hardware and you know what you're doing, then cPanel/WHM is far superior to any reseller service. You really do need to know how to harden a server and impose limits though. You'd need to limit resource usage and mail privileges to avoid spamming issues.
Depends on your knowledge of how to use it :3

As eric says if you know what you doing and you impose correct limits than yes you can do it properly...
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
(05-20-2016, 05:41 AM)Dexxa Wrote: I'd either use the MOFH or use a vps/dedicated if you really want to do it,
Using a VPS or dedicated server is only marginally better than using a reseller account. I agree, a reseller account is completely insane and there are very few hosts who'd accept you as a client. With a VPS or dedicated server, it's more your responsibility. But even then, it's a huge responsibility which I wouldn't wish on anyone.

(05-20-2016, 06:44 AM)neq3host Wrote: Its a WHM panel so not MOFH or Youhosting, i this panel is sponsored by partners and they allow me to offer free hosting. Do you have any suggestions?
You still haven't answered my question. Is it WHM or is it some other panel? There are more control panels out there than cPanel and in-house stuff, you know.
Just a default WHM panel, just like if you order it from a reseller but this is from a sponsor, i have made a abuse checker on the BoxBilling as plugin.
(05-21-2016, 12:51 PM)neq3host Wrote: Just a default WHM panel, just like if you order it from a reseller but this is from a sponsor, i have made a abuse checker on the BoxBilling as plugin.

If it's actual "WHM", as in the panel created by cPanel, can you please just call it by it's name "WHM" rather than calling it "a WHM panel"? The former is an actual product whereas the latter sounds like an instance from a collection of different web hosting panels (which could be WHM, DirectAdmin, Interworx, Plesk or something home grown).

If it's reseller hosting, the best advice here can only be CONTACT YOUR HOST BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. If they outright block free hosting, then don't offer it. If they allow it, then you're basically good to go. If they allow it with some restrictions, ensure that you will stay within those restrictions at all times.
I already scripted my self a Abuse checker like what YouHosting have. If i keep in that then i will not getting in trouble at all. If its still too risk then will i do forbidden countries and to be sure to enable VPN connection checker.