Wordpress theme for gaming portal?
Basically as some people know I run a site called DJX Gamers which has been going since 2014, but received a homepage and blog only last month, the site is a general gaming community-oriented website with some heart for the users in a way.

Currently it displays a generic maintenance message, normally it will display an introduction to the site and ten other pages a few are redirects.

I'm going to need a suitable WP theme for a portal which in particular displays entries from the blog, on the homepage along with some extra info about the site at the bottom, optionally with some widgets and preferably also responsive.

It'd need to be free.

Please note that I don't particularly care the colour scheme either however preferably a black theme would do good, for me and the website, and we have a few pages with information and lists, it's not just a 'news' website.

Thanks,
Cammy White (not my real name of course, but that's usually how I sign off)
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
i think i can find some themes in my archives
i'll be in contact as soon as i finish some work related to the new comm

Edit: Does it have to be for WP , if you find a better theme for another cms will you consider changing to it?
Thanks, and yeah, it does have to be wordpress, I find it one of the easiest cms to use.
Jamie Dignam
Take a look at this one:
[Image: 640.jpg]
https://flexithemes.com/demo/GamingBlog/
That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, in fact, which is handy.
Thanks for this, I appreciate it Smile
Jamie Dignam
also check their games category they have some good ones
Okay! I'm using GamingBlog and it's looking good, but I have one issue:

I set a static home page, and for some reason I'm seeing 'Home' twice on the top bar which is slightly annoying - I use the home page to write an intro of the site usually, otherwise this theme is looking perfect!
Jamie Dignam
(02-29-2016, 02:48 AM)Cammygirl192 Wrote: Okay! I'm using GamingBlog and it's looking good, but I have one issue:

I set a static home page, and for some reason I'm seeing 'Home' twice on the top bar which is slightly annoying - I use the home page to write an intro of the site usually, otherwise this theme is looking perfect!

its just a miss configuration that you have if you need help i can take a look at the site backend
anyway if you need anything i'll be extremely happy helping
I fixed it now.
Pandas_Senpai on twitter is doing the logo for us.

I also changed the background but otherwise the theme is intact.
~ CW.
Jamie Dignam