[Discussion] Let's talk YouHosting.
Since this was a forum created from the ruins of YouHosting, it seems fit to create a thread about it.

Any comments on how YouHosting is doing? (Negative ones are expected Smile )
Honestly, I didn't even know YouHosting was a thing..
YouHosting is a thing, but it's about as stable as Windows 95 at the moment, in fact, I'm not sure if that is accurate enough.
I'm surprised MyOwnFreeHost aren't trying to copy features from YouHosting since its demise such as custom skins for CPanel, or other such thing.
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
The collapse of YouHosting makes me realize how much of a shitty company Hostinger can be. (Sorry current and former Hostinger staff, but it's the truth.)
I am going on a web hosting hiatus.
(03-09-2016, 07:25 AM)Cammygirl192 Wrote: I'm surprised MyOwnFreeHost aren't trying to copy features from YouHosting since its demise such as custom skins for CPanel, or other such thing.
I once talked with the CTO of iFastNet and he said they were working on something like custom skins.
(03-09-2016, 12:18 PM)domkalan Wrote: The collapse of YouHosting makes me realize how much of a shitty company Hostinger can be. (Sorry current and former Hostinger staff, but it's the truth.)
Hostinger cares only about making money. They understand that they need loyal clients in order to do that, but won't hesitate to stab clients in the back if that becomes more feasible.
Owner of InfinityFree (formerly Grendel Hosting) and XVHOST.
Hans Wrote:I once talked with the CTO of iFastNet and he said they were working on something like custom skins.

Are they actually based in the UK? The English throughout their panel is awful. They even have misspellings in the API return calls.
(03-09-2016, 01:11 PM)Eric Wrote:
Hans Wrote:I once talked with the CTO of iFastNet and he said they were working on something like custom skins.

Are they actually based in the UK? The English throughout their panel is awful. They even have misspellings in the API return calls.

It's always possible that they hired some non-fluent English speaker to do some of their code.
(03-09-2016, 07:25 AM)Cammygirl192 Wrote: YouHosting is a thing, but it's about as stable as Windows 95 at the moment, in fact, I'm not sure if that is accurate enough.
I'm surprised MyOwnFreeHost aren't trying to copy features from YouHosting since its demise such as custom skins for CPanel, or other such thing.

*Vista
I've been into programming more than hosting. So I don't think I can help much in the hosting part of this forum. =/
(03-09-2016, 09:17 PM)Makan Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 07:25 AM)Cammygirl192 Wrote: YouHosting is a thing, but it's about as stable as Windows 95 at the moment, in fact, I'm not sure if that is accurate enough.

*Vista

With 'CPanel' I prefer to mention as 'control panel' when it is capitalised like that.
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
(03-09-2016, 01:11 PM)Eric Wrote: Are they actually based in the UK? The English throughout their panel is awful. They even have misspellings in the API return calls.

I'm very sure that they are based in the UK but that they are just extremely sloppy with design, development and writing content. Some of the bugs I've encountered make it quite clear that the whole system must have been hacked together in record times because no one would willingly make a system which is so inconsistent.
Owner of InfinityFree (formerly Grendel Hosting) and XVHOST.