Hosting Directory + Useful Links
I think Hosters.cc should have a web hosting directory (similar to WhTop or others) where we can submit reviews of web host, it really makes sense considering the name, also a useful links page with valuable links to web design and development tools and such.

The directory could be used for reviews of also CMS, themes, and more. Always look to more, not less.

~ CW.
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
I would love something like this. This could also give everyone the opportunity to work together on the development of new tools and software.
that would be nice,
i dont know the limitations of MyBB yest but i'll check & figure what will suite best
(02-28-2016, 02:24 PM)Raouf Wrote: that would be nice,
i dont know the limitations of MyBB yest but i'll check & figure what will suite best

You'll need to look for a plugin that is developed by nickman, or MyBBSource. It's called MyDirectory (or something similar) and would allow for this feature if this board is running 1.6.x. Otherwise it'll need some edits here and there to new the standards 1.8.x uses.
(03-03-2016, 11:09 PM)KnownSyntax Wrote:

You'll need to look for a plugin that is developed by nickman, or MyBBSource. It's called MyDirectory (or something similar) and would allow for this feature if this board is running 1.6.x. Otherwise it'll need some edits here and there to new the standards 1.8.x uses.

This board uses MyBB 1.8.x Smile
I hope this is implemented.

Users should be able to submit web hosts for review not just webmasters and reviews of course can be made.
YouHosting should be up there first so we can all mock it on the review page lol.
Jamie Dignam
(02-28-2016, 01:53 PM)Cammygirl192 Wrote: I think Hosters.cc should have a web hosting directory (similar to WhTop or others) where we can submit reviews of web host, it really makes sense considering the name, also a useful links page with valuable links to web design and development tools and such.

The directory could be used for reviews of also CMS, themes, and more. Always look to more, not less.

~ CW.

It would be a nice idea once this forum gets more members, I think.
We don't have to use MyBB Plugins. Of course I would say make our own system, but nobody has time or much for that. I did some snooping I didn't seem to be able to find any plugins, but I did find this: http://www.aardvarktopsitesphp.com/
I've been into programming more than hosting. So I don't think I can help much in the hosting part of this forum. =/
Unfortunately from looks of it, the code is going to be old, considering last news update is from May 2009.
Jamie Dignam
(03-05-2016, 05:52 AM)Cammygirl192 Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 11:09 PM)KnownSyntax Wrote:

This board uses MyBB 1.8.x Smile
I hope this is implemented.

Users should be able to submit web hosts for review not just webmasters and reviews of course can be made.
YouHosting should be up there first so we can all mock it on the review page lol.

Correct, but most plugins can be adapted to MyBB 1.8.x from 1.6.x by just changing a few things (if you know PHP). I'll have to get ahold of the required plugin and add it as an attachment on here so you can all test it out and what not.