MOFH Customization
Hi,

I just registered a re-seller account on MOFH. The service seems stable for the end clients. The only problem I'm facing is the customization of registration system. They have WHM/WHMCS api. Can this api be used with box billing? Has anyone tried doing so?
Moreover, does MOFH allow hosting main website on an external server?

Hope, someone has the information regarding these issues.
BoxBilling is pretty much dead and buggy at this point, it might be possible to work with it, but it would be a pain.

About the second question, I think they do, because I've seen several resellers that don't get the ckattempt=1 thing happen, which is something that happens on Byet servers.
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
The MOFH implementation of the WHM API is quite limited, although it should work OK-ish with BoxBilling (or at least, as OK as BoxBilling could work). It did work last time I checked, although that's years ago. Even using it with WHMCS gives a less than optimal experience to users. I myself opted to just build a system myself (and I just released a fancy client area today!).

MOFH isn't very flexible in terms of DNS, so you need to plan ahead if you want a decent level of control of your website. I solved the problem by simply not adding my own domain to MOFH and letting customers sign in at cpanel.rf.gd or cpanel.epizy.com, instead of cpanel.infinityfree.net. That way, I could keep full control over my own DNS.
Owner of InfinityFree (formerly Grendel Hosting) and XVHOST.
(08-19-2016, 10:27 AM)Hans Wrote: The MOFH implementation of the WHM API is quite limited, although it should work OK-ish with BoxBilling (or at least, as OK as BoxBilling could work). It did work last time I checked, although that's years ago. Even using it with WHMCS gives a less than optimal experience to users. I myself opted to just build a system myself (and I just released a fancy client area today!).

MOFH isn't very flexible in terms of DNS, so you need to plan ahead if you want a decent level of control of your website. I solved the problem by simply not adding my own domain to MOFH and letting customers sign in at cpanel.rf.gd or cpanel.epizy.com, instead of cpanel.infinityfree.net. That way, I could keep full control over my own DNS.

Nice. I just checked your website, you have done better than any other MOFH re-seller. Are you planning to release your custom built system to other re-sellers? If not, can you get me started by just pointing out to the right direction?
I agree, also about the MOFH custom client system, it should be released here in my opinion and not anywhere else, with the provided source code of course Smile

And yeah, Hans put a lot of work into his MOFH reseller and is making it unique as possible and pretty much a great provider Smile

(though there needs to be a system to stop nulled script installations implemented next, lol)
Jamie Dignam
KV32 Gamers - gaming blog/forum/wiki
You can join my Reseller service for free, you can customize it completely to your own. But thats just a suggestion what I can give you as alternative.
[Image: 5752507823.png]
Proud of my Lëtzebuerger ISP. (Luxembourg - Lëtzebuerg)
(08-19-2016, 01:31 PM)neq3host Wrote: You can join my Reseller service for free, you can customize it completely to your own. But thats just a suggestion what I can give you as alternative.

SQL interal error on your forum. Not able to access...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try now.
[Image: 5752507823.png]
Proud of my Lëtzebuerger ISP. (Luxembourg - Lëtzebuerg)
I just contacted iFastNet. They said you can host your main domain name on any host which lead me to believe that the reseller account will not tear apart for other reseller domains if I change the name servers of the domain. This will also stop clients from registering sub domains on your main site.
(08-19-2016, 11:36 AM)ddeveloper Wrote: Nice. I just checked your website, you have done better than any other MOFH re-seller. Are you planning to release your custom built system to other re-sellers? If not, can you get me started by just pointing out to the right direction?

No, I'm not going to release my system. It's not a standalone system, it's heavily tied into my website, my needs and my visions, and there is a sizeable tech stack behind it which would be really complicated to deploy for the average user. It would take a lot of time to make it suitable for general use, which feels like a waste of time to me. I'd rather invest my time in improving the experience for my own users rather than building a tool to help my potential competitors.

(08-19-2016, 01:06 PM)EternalJamie Wrote: I agree, also about the MOFH custom client system, it should be released here in my opinion and not anywhere else, with the provided source code of course Smile

And yeah, Hans put a lot of work into his MOFH reseller and is making it unique as possible and pretty much a great provider Smile

(though there needs to be a system to stop nulled script installations implemented next, lol)

Well, it's hard to check whether a script is licensed or not, however many files of popular nulled scripts like vBulletin and WHMCS have all been blacklisted, so accounts containing those scripts will be suspended automatically.
Owner of InfinityFree (formerly Grendel Hosting) and XVHOST.